Why Choose Southampton?
- Hits: 758
- Southampton is a diverse and multi-cultural city, full of history and culture. The city was the starting place of Titanic's tragic journey, with the SeaCity Museum dedicated to that story. The thriving music scene has the support of a number of great local venues including award-winning independent, The Joiners, as well as The 1865, O2 Guildhall Southampton, and other smaller pubs and cafes open to live acts. The city is home to the well-known Mayflower Theatre, holding big stage shows every year, recently including The Lion King. Southampton City Art Gallery is the leader in Southamptons' art galleries, but more and more smaller venues are showcasing local artwork including The Art House Cafe and Mettricks.
- The city boasts housing the large West Quay shopping complex which has recently been extended, now with even more bars and restaurants included, as well as a large luxury cinema and bowling alley. The original building itself consists of shops and restaurants such as Pandora, Apple, John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, Nandos, Pizza Express and more. The newly built Watermark provides extra dining choices, with the likes of Red Dog Saloon, All Bar One and Cosmo being very popular. Along the High Street are other shops such as Primark, HMV, Argo and several banks.
- Southampton is home to a number of schools, colleges, and universities, including the prestigious Southampton University that ranks 17th in the 2017 League Table, and 121st in the World University Rankings. With Solent University providing education for those more interested in the Arts, Southampton has something for everyone.
- The Centenary Quay development in Woolston by Crest Nicholson is a beautiful new waterside development of flats and apartments, as well as cafes, bars and restaurants. This new development brings more housing for Southampton, and opens up the opportunities for people within the area. Woolston itself is become ever-more popular with the help of the development. It brings contrast to the area with these stark new buildings just down the road from some beautiful, older, Georgian style houses that Woolston is known for.
- With regards to employment, the increasing development in Southampton opens up for more job opportunities. Besides this, the city is greatly accessible with transport links to places near and far. Southampton Airport Parkway has links to and from many different European countries as well as places within the UK, and there are a number of train stations making it easy to get to the likes of London, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Bristol and places further afield. Southampton has great access to the M3 and M27 also to make easier commutes.
There is plenty more to Southampton. Head over to http://www.discoversouthampton.co.uk/ for a further look into what goes on around the city.