Valuing Your Home
Each month we carry out hundreds of viewings, giving us intimate local knowledge of property prices in your area. We have made it our business to understand local price data, trends and forecasts and use this information together with all the benefits of the property i.e. schools, parks, shops & local transport links to enable us to generate an accurate valuation.
93% of our properties are sold in the first 10 days achieving on average 104% of asking the price.
The importance of an accurate valuation.
If your property is priced too high, you won’t get viewings and your estate agent will soon be recommending a drop in price. This can have a detrimental effect. Evidence shows that you’re more likely to have to accept a lower amount for your property if it’s been on the market for a long time. Alternatively if your valuation is too low you risk losing out, so a completely honest and balanced view is essential. Beware the agents who give you an unrealistically high valuation to get you on their books; it may be flattering but seldom advisable.
Our valuations are carefully thought through and discussed in our daily sales meeting where we review comparable evidence, recent property sales and competitor analysis.
Preparing Your Home
You want to get the highest possible price for your property, so you may consider spending a little time and money on your home before you place it on the market to prepare your home and portray it in the best possible light. This can pay dividends in terms of the length of time your property is on the market and potentially the achievable price:
Disassociate yourself from your home
- Say to yourself, "This is not my home; it is a house... A product to be sold much like a box of cereal on the supermarket shelf”
- You should revitalise a tired interior decor by cleaning and/or painting – neutral colours are always best.
- If you don't need it, why not donate it or throw it away.
- Pack up those knickknacks and treasured tea cup collections.
- Don't overlook the garden shed and garage to emphasise storage space.
- It is important to show as much floor space as possible, so put things away or on top of cupboards.
- Look at this as a head-start on the packing you will eventually need to do anyway.
Make minor repairs
- Make sure any known defects in your home are repaired, so attend to those small maintenance jobs!
- Replace blown lightbulbs.
- Patch holes in walls.
- Paint over imperfections such as water leaks or damp patches.
Make the house sparkle
- Kitchens and bathrooms are two of the most important rooms in your property and can make or break a deal. Both need to be clean and offer a hygienic atmosphere; doing this will greatly increase the chances of selling your property.
- Make sure all the windows are clean inside and out to allow more light into your rooms.
- Consider hiring a carpet cleaning machine to make carpets and curtains look their best.
- Odours are a no-no - make sure your property smells beautifully clean
Check kerb appeal
- Ensure your garden is well presented. A neatly mown lawn and tidy borders will enhance your home’s appeal.
- Touch up the front door and keep the front garden tidy.
- It is important to give a good roadside impression to potential purchasers driving by, some suggest that yellow flowers are a good tip as yellow evokes a buying emotion.
Marketing Your Home
We put a great deal of emphasis on our marketing tools. Each property is individual, so we carefully craft the marketing plan to suit each property and ensure that is is always seen in the best possible light by as many potential buyers as possible.
We are proud of our unrivalled marketing efforts, which incorporates online advertising, print and proactive selling both over the phone and face to face. We take a lot of pride in the appearance of your property through our various methods with the ultimate goal to achieve the best price from the best buyer.
Photos - first impressions count
Most people are attracted by / turned off by visual elements, it is essential that your property photography is to the highest standards possible.
Our valuers have many years of taking property photographs which has provided them with an abundance of experience and the ability to find the best angle and creative outlook that results in professional looking room images. Our in-house design team are also able to enhance your imagery as needed to promote it in its best possible light because not every day has beautiful blue skies!
Your property brochure
The ultimate goal of the sales brochure is to provide your potential buyer with all they need to know about your property in one attractive package. Our high quality, full-colour brochures showcase up to 12 internal and external shots of your property, detailed floor plans and other relevant information, especially highlighting its best features. We regularly receive compliments about how professional our brochures appear.
Today 96% of buyers search online for their perfect property. Naturally In order to ensure maximum exposure we advertise not only on our website but also on the leading internet property websites - right move and zoopla.
Your property has its own online profile that mirrors your properties printed brochure content with the added benefits of interactivity, movement and additional photographs.
We also provide additional marketing upgrade options such as premium listings on rightmove, statistics show that 35% more property brochures are viewed when premium listed which increases your chances of attracting a buyer.
We have 3 office locations within the local area coverage, making us one of the largest independent estate agents, this assures detailed local coverage of a large proportion of residential property across Southampton.
In Bitterne, we have 2 great locations in close proximity to each other but attracting differing footfall, this effectively provides double to visibility for attracting potential buyers.
Our offices are clean, bright and welcoming, as are our highly attentive office staff.
Open House vs Traditional Viewings
Open house events for us have become very much the norm and we strongly believe that this is the best method for the majority of properties. It is an incredibly effective way of selling a property with which we regularly achieve above the asking price due to there being a high level of interest created.
Having a number of viewings on the same day is much more effective as it creates a sense of competition. You will generally achieve the best price from the best buyer, we achieve an average of 104% of the asking price.
And what’s more you get all your initial viewings in one hit, and there’s no need for constant tidying!
Having said that, there is still a place for the traditional method of property viewings and we are very much open to the preference of our clients. Our experts will happily conduct the viewings on your behalf and position the best assets of your property and how it compares in the marketplace. We will provide feedback on the viewing to the home owner almost immediately.
The Sales Process
Sales progression is an essential part of selling a property which begins with the offer being accepted and continues right through the legal proceedings until the exchange of contracts and completion.
When a member of our team receives an offer we get every available detail about the buyer: their chain, mortgage lender and estate agent, so that we can research their situation thoroughly before we submit their offer to you.
We will draw on our years of experience in order to negotiate the best possible price for you.
Once you are happy to accept an offer, the sales process gets underway.
Finding the right buyer can often be just the start of the process and so dedicated, focused and personalised support is paramount.
Lloyd & Louise make up our sales progression team and will be with you every step of the way. They will make it their business to get to know every detail of your property and the circumstances surrounding your sale.
We will liaise with you, your buyers, solicitors and other related parties including where the sale forms part of a chain, ensuring your sale progresses in a timely fashion and any matters arising during that process are highlighted early, dealt with promptly and managed professionally at all
With the high levels of lending currently being experienced by high street banks we were noticing that it was sometimes hard for our buyers and sellers to get appointments. In a bid to get people moved quicker we have introduced an innovative and highly motivated financial firm that always has their clients at the forefront of their mind.
Due to the highly competitive nature of the industry our financial services department go above and beyond, our services include:
- No sign up fees to the client, this means that we can even port your existing product for free and get it done quicker than going to lenders direct.
- We appreciate that people work long hours, on this basis we can come and see you of an evening and go out of our way to work around you.
- Finding you a product is only the start, we will only arrange the survey when your chain is complete.
- Finally we will aid to progress your sale, working closely with solicitors and agents alike means you get moved quicker.
Our market leading team are eager to help fulfil your needs. Please call today to arrange a consultation, all our services our FREE to our clients.